A compendium of the places, books, online spaces, tools, products, ideas, and things I love...
BOOKS, IDEAS, Media Literacy + OUR KID-LIT LIBRARY
- Links to my Amazon Lists for kids: Baby, Preschool, School Age
- Links to my Amazon Lists for grown-ups: Business + Creativity, The Business of Writing, Parenting, Crafting + Exploring with Kids, On Being a Human Person
- The only parenting book you really need, in my opinion. But... if you're the type who loves parenting books (I sure am), here are my picks (link to my Amazon list).
- Where to find diverse books. Also: The Brown Bookshelf features African American voices writing for young readers. The Conscious Kid Library Insta feed. From Refugees to Voting Rights, Books to Inspire a Just, Inclusive Society. I'm here. I'm queer. What the hell do I read?
- My article for Teen Vogue: 5 Steps to Improve Your Media Literacy and my running list of resources for teaching kids about fake news
Making space for Creative work + Some of the Tools I Use
- My post for the Etsy Seller Handbook on brainstorming your way to business success and launching a creative business from first idea to first sale
- Tools I use: Squarespace, Mailchimp, Unsplash, TapeACall for phone interviews, Pocket, Evernote, FF Mister K, a typeface inspired by Franz Kafka's handwriting (I purchased it here and use it for my logo)
- Membership sites, professional organizations and public resources I rely on: Craft Industry Alliance (I am a member and contributor), SCBWI, Out of The Binders, and my public library
- Explore my archive of monthly letters, plus the email newsletters I love to get and read
- The podcasts that inspire me
- My must-visit spaces for creative business inspiration (for Dear Handmade Life)
- If you ever said "I don't have permission to do that kind of work and live a creative life," please check out my post for Blog Society
- Some thoughts on creativity & curiosity and profiles of business owners, artists, writers and creatives on my blog
- My evolution as a business owner, maker, and writer (Years in Review: 2014, 2015, 2016)
Travel, exploration + Doing stuff with kids
MAKING Art with kids